Hi I'm Benjamin, Blogger and Photographer,
Helping the world see New Zealand and New Zealand see the world.

Sunday 12 October 2014

I Didn’t Think an Elephant with a Prosthetic Leg Could Make Me Cry… And yet Here I Am…

If you need a pick me up with today’s depressing news, check out the story of Motala, the 50-year-old elephant
 who received a very special prosthetic leg. It warmed my heart to witness her inspiring journey to recovery.

One day while walking in the forest, this 50-year old Elephant named Motala stepped on a land mine 

and 

lost her leg…


motala-03

She bravely walked for three days, with tears streaming down her face, to arrive at the FAE Animal Hospital, where the doctors took care of her immediately.

motala-01

After years of rehabilitation, she was given a prosthetic leg to walk on…

motala-02

No comments:

Post a Comment